10.27.2007

I "Felt" Impatient

When I saw Diana's beautiful knitted and felted bag, I knew I had to have one. Lucky for me, I learned to knit at the Live&Learn conference this year, so I could make my own. The only problem was, knitting takes too long for me. I NEEDED a fall purse right away! So....I figured I would try my hand at felting a crocheted bag, since I could whip that up in a matter of days.

I found a pattern for a great market bag, and purchased some pretty wool, and this is what I created.


Then after the magic of felting, and the addition of a pin (yes, all those buttons are a pin I had purchased a while ago just because) and a loop to close it, my market bag turned into this awesome purse!



I love it, and I love the wonderful on-line communities of crafters who joyfully share their ideas, inspiration, tutorials, and patterns. Thanks to you I can create beautifully satisfying goodies in no time at all, which is good for an impatient crafter like me! ;)

5 comments:

hahamommy said...

Ain't it amazing?! Congrats on your first (of many, I'm sure!) bag :)

Mrs. G. said...

Thanks for your comment. I am always looking for homeschoolers' blogs. Can I tell you this is a darling bag. Love the button.

Deanne said...

Thank you both! :)

Pam said...

what a wonderful bag. I have been wanting to try felting a knitted bag but just haven't worked up to it yet, LOL. Still working on the non felted socks. Maybe someday.

hahamommy said...

speaking of swapping inspiration... (weren't we just? in my head at least!) after seeing THIS bag, I decided one of the next ones I'd make would have an attached strap, like *yours* - I'm felting it tomorrow, pictures soon :)
Oh and in case I didn't mention it, my favorite & first knitted bag was the Booga Bag -- I'm varying the pattern in case I want to sell some wares, which is pretty easy to do once you do the first bag :D AND it's not a hard pattern to convert to crochet ;)