This was my third time seeing Amy live, and I am never disappointed. I attended with another unschooling friend of mine, and I was pleasantly surprised to meet two other unschoolers also in attendance. One woman had driven over two hours to get herself, her hubby, and her daughter to this show! Amy inspires this kind of devotion. Do yourself a favor and make the effort to go see Amy when she comes to your area. She will be doing another cross-country tour this coming year, so there's a good chance you'll be able to enjoy the gift of Amy and her music soon!
2. Did anything not go as expected?
3. What was the highlight of your week?
4. Did anything exciting happen you did not expect?
1. Well, this week was a pretty productive one for me (and atypical, for sure)! I finished all our Christmas shopping, finished decorating our home for the holidays, made a purse for my mom, made 6 book totes for my friends, went to see my daughter's performance, wrote and mailed all our Christmas cards, wrapped and mailed all the gifts that have to go elsewhere, and did some Christmas crafts with my kids. This was in addition to all the normal everyday stuff like laundry, food shopping, cooking, etc! ( I did get a little behind on washing dishes though. ;P )
2. I really didn't have any set expectations for this week. It was unexpected, and a pleasant surprise to get so many Christmas preparations completed.
3. The highlight of my week was my daughter's performance at a local theater with her improv acting class.
4. Well, it was pretty exciting to see my daughter on stage!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
It was bright and sunny, and those who were prepared brought their umbrellas for a little shade. Before the parade these kids were tooling around on their sleigh (outfitted with wagon wheels), ringing their jingle bells. Notable people were driven in convertibles during the parade, but a few were pulled along in boats.
There were quite a few customized golf carts, a common sight throughout our state. The Shriner's also had their other entertaining little vehicles. But the most surprising was the port-a-potty on wheels! The parade announcer informed us that this potty has had national coverage because it can turn on a dime. It was quite amusing to see it spin and do wheelies!
There were plenty of floats and "freebies". The people in the parade threw tons of goodies to the crowds, including candy & gum, frisbees, leas, t-shirts, candy canes, and beach balls!
The crowd went crazy for the enormous cage full of beach balls. We were all hyped-up just in time for the arrival of the guest of honor:
Yay! Let the merriment commence!
Yay! I did it! I actually posted something here every day this month. I can hardly believe it myself, but boy am I glad I did this. I've found some wonderful new blogs to enjoy, and I know now that I will continue to blog more than I used to (probably not every day though). I will free my mind of all random ideas and unleash them into the blogosphere. So expect a continuation of posts that are only related by the fact that I did them. ;)
Big congratulations to everyone else who completed this, and sympathetic underestanding to those who didn't. :)
1. Bake cookies with my kids and deliver them to friends
2. Drink mulled cider and listen to Christmas music while decorating the tree
3. Make and send Christmas cards
4. Make sock monkeys for my younger nephews and niece (5 of them)
5. Create some new ornaments for our tree
6. Crochet and felt a handbag for my mom
7. Sew tote bags for my Bible study girlfriends (6 of those)
8. Knit socks for my husband's mom
9. Go to church
10. Make a folded magazine tree, like this:
11. Fit into last year's "holiday" clothes
12. Savor quiet times with my husband and kids as much as possible
13. Remember to breathe if things don't turn out as I plan, and remember that all is well.
Wish me luck! ;)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
1. Age at your next birthday: 43
8. My nickname(s): Dee and Mom
moar funny pictures
10. A bad habit I have is: procrastination. Here's what I need:
Tag, you're it! Let's see your life in pictures. :)