1.22.2009

Mom

Over 27 years ago, when I was still in high school, I met and fell in love with my husband. But it was clear from the very beginning, that I fell for his family as hard as I fell for him. My husband has a large, loving, loyal, family that loves to laugh. Before meeting them, I truly doubted the existence of such intact, happy families. I thought they only existed in television sitcoms. I am so grateful that I found out I was wrong, and that I became a part of this wonderfully amazing family.

Last Wednesday, we got the devastating news that Chuck's mother, our Mom, had passed away. She had battled lung and brain cancer for over two years. I was so blessed to have her in my life these past years. I learned so much from her, in so many ways, and will forever be better for having known her. I want to write more, but the tears keep coming. When I can, I will.

3 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

My condolences to you and your family. Tomorrow, I'll attend my dad's funeral, so I have some inkling of what you're going through.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

((((DEANNE))))) Hugs to you all on this loss. Thanks for sharing a piece of your life. I'm so glad you had her in your life!

~Heather

Madeline Rains said...

Oh Deanne. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you love and hugs

-Madeline