11.21.2007

So I Never Forget....(revisited)

This is a post that I wrote almost a year and a half ago. I thought is was appropriate to take another look at it for Thanksgiving. It's great to know that I still have ALL this to be grateful for, and MORE! (I added a few more things in orange italics for this year.)

I hope Thanksgiving finds you with much to be grateful for too. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

I am so grateful for my life, for being able to use my body to walk and swim and jump and dance and sing and climb stairs and sooooooo much more.

I am grateful for the gift of faith which has carried me through difficult times and given me the courage to change and grow.

I am grateful for my husband, whose devotion to our children matches my own. I am grateful that he is willing to work hard and yet knows how to play. I am grateful for all that he has added to my life, all that I have learned from him, and for the opportunity I have had to be there for him.

I am grateful for my children, without whom I cannot even imagine what I would be doing now.

I am grateful that I am able to live and learn alongside them everyday, and for who I am becoming by being their mother.

I am grateful that my children are alive and healthy today.


I am grateful that I live in my own home, where I feel relatively safe, and I can sleep each night without fear of losing my life or belongings.

I am grateful that all our basic needs are met as a family, so that we are able to share with others.
I am grateful to have friends whom I know I could call in an emergency. ( and for the wonderful community of on-line friends who inspire, encourage, and make me smile daily.)

I am grateful that our family has made it safely through 3 major hurricanes in the last 2 years! (I'm grateful that we're almost done with the hurricane repairs, and that we haven't had to evacuate since I first posted this in July 2006!)
I'm grateful for my past, even the bad stuff, because all of it led me to where I am today.

I am grateful for having worked in the field of occupational therapy. I was fortunate to work with so many amazing people, who showed me that every life is valuable, no matter how compromised it may appear. I am grateful for having worked with Hope, who survived a botched abortion. (I'm grateful that I can be home full-time to live and learn alongside my children.)

I am grateful for the generous unschooling community at large, which helps me in my journey towards being the best parent I can be to my children.

I am grateful that I haven't "arrived" yet. I am glad to still be on a journey, still learning and growing. (Yep, I'm very grateful that I can still say this is true!)

1 comment:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

How awesome!!! So much to be thankful for!!! :)