11.23.2007

Well, I Did It!


Or I guess you could say "I didn't do it." What I DID was avoid going to any stores, or shopping on-line at all today. What I DIDN'T do was buy into the hype about Black Friday shopping. I was tempted, believe me, when I saw some of the deals out there! But I know from experience that my family would rather have ME, than have me out shopping. And in return for staying home today, I received gifts that you can't purchase anywhere. As we swam, read books, played games, performed magic and music, I revelled in the gift of simply being together.

3 comments:

Nance Confer said...

A very lucky family! :)

DH and I were sort of half wondering if we just didn't mention Christmas, if maybe the kids wouldn't notice???? :)

Darn reading! Now they know everything! :)

Nance

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Good for you!! I make a conscience effort not to go shopping the day after anything. LOL. We went to my sister-in-laws to eat left overs with her and her kids. I would love to go swimming though!!! Awesome!!!

Mrs. G. said...

These are the best gifts indeed. Smart mama.